Last updated: NOVEMBER 2023
- Account means a unique account created for users to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- “We”, “Us” or “Our” (in this Agreement) refers to NZIW.
- Service or Services refers to the Website and/or wider NZIW website.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on a computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, with information on browsing history.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of NZIW. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by NZIW to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of NZIW, to perform services related to the Service or to assist NZIW in analysing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the NZIW website, accessible via: www.nziw.cymru.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and using your personal data:
NZIW is a not-for-profit body empowering businesses to build greener futures.
- The NZIW websites (including www.nziw.cymru) and related subdomains/websites.
- NZIW events, including physical and digital events for members/non-members.
- Online surveys relating to the NZIW offer.
- Communication sent via NZIW’s communications agency, Equinox.
- The NZIW official social media channel/s.
For UK data protection laws and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller for NZIW is Ben Burggraaf, whose registered office is Waterton Centre, Waterton Industrial Estate, Bridgend, Wales, CF31 3WT.
Types of Data Collected:
While using Our Service/s, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address.
- Usage Data.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the website and may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the website on a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies:
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit NZIW, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies:
- Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline.
- Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data:
NZIW may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our Services.
- To manage Member Accounts: to manage Your registration as a NZIW member. The Personal Data provided by members provides them with access to different functionalities. Plus, to aid the efficient development, compliance and undertaking of membership services.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication with updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary for implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, services, marketing and/or your experience as a member.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor, aid or improve our Service.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With other members: when registering as a member You can choose to share personal information or otherwise interact in the members area. Such information, including a personal profile, may be viewed by all other members to aid collaboration.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data:
NZIW will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data:
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at NZIW’s operating offices as well as the offices of relevant suppliers, including communication agency, Equinox.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data:
NZIW may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of NZIW.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data:
We are committed to processing your data in a lawful and transparent manner. Your personal information will be:
- Processed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, ensuring fairness and transparency.
- Utilised for specified, legitimate purposes only.
- Limited to what is relevant and necessary for the intended purposes.
- Maintained with accuracy and kept up-to-date.
- Retained for no longer than necessary for the purposes disclosed.
- Processed with suitable security measures to protect your information.
Legal Basis for Data Processing:
- When it is necessary for the performance of Our Terms and Conditions or to provide You with our Services.
- With Your consent — which You may withdraw at any time.
- When required to comply with legal obligations, court orders, or to exercise and defend legal claims.
- To protect vital interests, Yours or others’, especially in emergency situations.
- When You have made the information public.
- In the public interest when necessary.
- To pursue legitimate interests, whether Ours, Yours, or a third party’s, in a manner that respects Your rights and interests.